Annual Fee - €50
Benefits of Non-Practicing Membership include:
- Reduced membership fee: Avail of a reduced rate for as long as you are not practicing (i.e maternity leave, retirement, unemployment). This membership cannot be cited to insurers and should be upgraded to Professional as soon as the therapist returns to working with clients.
- Membership Certificate: This can be used as part of your record of unbroken membership in the event of a move to a jurisdiction in which you wish to practice but which a different professional body regulates.
- Website Login: Non-practicing members can log into the database and view member content including journal archive.
- Membership-upgrade: In the event of a return to practice a discount will be applied in recognition of non-practicing fee already paid.
- Staying connected with IACAT: Remain linked in with IACAT as members without appearing on any register so as to avoid queries/referrals.
- Keeping abreast of Continuing Professional Development: IACAT provides guidelines for CPD to members, based on best practice and in anticipation of requirements once statutory recognition is attained.
- IACAT Journal: An online academic peer-reviewed journal including articles and book reviews is available to members. Past issues of the journal are available on the IACAT website.
- Attendance at AGM: This important event is a great way to meet other Creative Arts Therapists and become informed of the work of the IACAT council and working groups. The day usually includes a high-profile guest speaker, presentations from Creative Arts Therapists, updates from regional groups and a CPD workshop.
- Professional Support on Standards of Practice and Education: IACAT responds to all types of member enquiries. Members can access a range of information from the office and online regarding practical, ethical and professional matters. Members can also access IACAT publications ranging from the Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics to public information leaflets.
- IACAT Bulletin: Members receive regular e-mail bulletins containing information on Creative Arts Therapies events, conferences and CPD as well as employment / placement opportunities.
- Members may contact the office for their nearest regional IACAT group.